In honor of Lollie’s first full week at Casa Fosterfamily, I am posting some progress notes and discoveries made during our first seven days.
- Lollie is discovered to be housebroken and also very quiet. Wet, sloppy kisses abound.
- Lollie doesn’t seem to know what a toy is, and cowers when one is raised to throw.
- No interest in kibble, but peanut butter is a friend.
- Lollie does not know how to walk on leash. Straight lines are not on her agenda.
- Kong toys are too complex to capture Lollie’s attention, and dinner is left untouched in the bowl. As is breakfast.
- Camera is perceived as enemy to be wary of, much to foster mom’s disappointment.
- Whereas Lollie does not know how to walk on leash, she is an excellent running partner. Strange, but true.
- Lollie calmly and gently greets two dogs while out in neighborhood.
- Lollie is a perfect gentlelady in the presence of houseguests. No jumping, play-biting or barking, only sitting sweetly for attention (of which she receives plenty).
- After some reservation, both breakfast and dinner are consumed in their entirety.
- First attempts at true leash training. Lollie is initially stubborn, but eventually starts to understand that pulling gets you nowhere. Very fast learner.
- Lollie discovers that stuffed animals are fun for squeaking and chewing.
- Leash training continues, progress is made.
- Lollie discovers her love for cauliflower and other things vegetable and fruit.
- Lollie meets some neighborhood kids by chance, sits calmly and gently to be petted.
- Lollie learns to trot happily into her crate for breakfast and dinner, utters no protest.
- Work begins on sitting to put on leash or for permission to go outside. Seems calmer in the house.
- Cars are so scary that it’s nearly debilitating. Lollie goes into pancake mode if one drives by close and fast. Once on a quiet trail, good side-by-side running resumes.
- Good crazy-fit before bed, including upside down antics on the bed with four legs flailing in the air.
- Lollie holds still for the camera long enough to show off her beautiful, soulful eyes: