I will quickly admit that sometimes the post comes first, and sometimes the photo. I often have my camera on hand to capture the cute, the weird, and the totally normal elements of daily life at Casa Walldeczka, and often the photo and the post come together in unison. Other times, there is a photo that inspires a post all on its own. This is one of those posts.
Lollie Wonderdog (now Lily Fireworks) had been in her new home for almost two weeks now, which means that we have been almost two weeks without her. We still talk about her all the time (really — all the time), and there are a few things in particular we look back upon with special fondness:
1. Her willingness to play dress-up. This is why Lollie/Lily was a perfect match for a family with kids. I swear, this dog will let you do anything to her. Cover her in blankets, make her wear a necklace, a boa, a hat, whatever. And she looks great in everything.
2. Her soulful brown eyes. Not much needs to be said here. Her deep, caramel-colored eyes are mesmerizing.
3. Her unshakable steadiness. Nothing can make this girl jump. Pull her tail, her ears, poke her, she doesn’t care. But in reality, don’t do any of those things. It’s not nice.
4. Her “pet-me” headstands. I can’t describe it any better than the photos and video.
5. Her heart-shaped booty. This is the one. The inspiration for the list. We just can’t get enough of her cute little butt!
Everything you wrote reminds me sooo much of Nandy! She’s been with us for just over two years yet not a day goes by that I’m not amazed at what a wonderful & easy-going dog she is 😀
Thank goodness you have such wonderful media to keep! She is so lovable!! I know we still talk about all our fosters. Luckily, we get to see Saki quite a bit. He just arrived back in NC from his winter home in Colorado.
What a great send off party :-))
Who knew her ability to play dress-up would land her in the perfect home with children who are excited to dress up their dog? I love the heart tush; could that photo be a Valentine’s day card for next year?
Oh, I LUVS all those things about her, too. And I didn’t know she had a heart-shaped booty! But somehow I’m not surprised. I always knew she was all heart! Right down to her tushie.
Wiggles & Wags,
So hard to give up a foster you love. I’m still pining for my first foster. And we don’t have visitation rights. 😦
That headstand might be the cutest thing we have ever seen! The butt in the face, the look in her eyes…*classic*. No wonder she’s still on your mind!
That is one cute booty!
Lily is such an amazing girl! So glad she found the perfect family for her!
Aren’t you glad you took so many pictures while she was with you?
I’m very partial to the headstands myself.
I wanted to share my stylish blog award with y’all. Please come by when y’all have a chance and pick it up.
Hawk aka BrownDog